This was surprising news because the series had already been renewed for a
sixth season. The URL is a little misleading since the show wasn't
cancelled, it was the creators' decision to stop after this season, mainly
so they could go on to other projects. CBC would probably have happily had
the show on as long as they wanted to do it. (Funny Canadian sitcoms are a
rare breed.)

The tweets from Simu Liu, who plays Jung (the son) on the show, indicate
that the decision took the cast by surprise as well.
https://twitter.com/SimuLiu/status/1369017904352665602

I don't believe he's on the show this year (this season is part of my DVR
backlog), but was hoping to return for Season 6, with the idea that his
character would reconcile with Appa, the father. A movie or special where
that happens would be a good way to wrap the series up.

John

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 5:07 PM 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV <
tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> After five seasons, the last of which is owed to Netflix... we reported on
> it back in the day (
> https://groups.google.com/g/tvornottv/c/BaQaSCY2I2s/m/EZkjNtlxBgAJ)
>

> https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/kims-convenience-ending-season-5-canceled-1234925006/
>  (link)

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/01280f42-84ae-4bcb-ab31-f26280a9a954n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/01280f42-84ae-4bcb-ab31-f26280a9a954n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

John Edwards
"You can insure against the weather, but you can't insure against
incompetence, can you?" - Phil Tufnell