Williams did an interview with the New York Times last week in which he
stated that he expects his upcoming scores for "The Fabelmans" (misspelled
in the Variety piece) and "Indiana Jones" to be his final scores.  “I don’t
particularly want to do films anymore,” he said. “Six months of life at my
age is a long time.”
Although there is this line:
*Spielberg, for his part, said that Williams had promised to continue
scoring his films indefinitely. “I feel pretty secure,” he said.*
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/arts/music/john-williams-hollywood-film.html

He'll be playing in my town with the Philadelphia Orchestra in April. I
really should get around to buying a ticket...