From: tvornottv@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvornottv@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mark Jeffries

>The problem here is that the National Post is to the CBC what the Daily Mail
>is to the BBC and Rupert Murdoch's holdings are to public broadcasting in
>general.  The fact that the columnist includes a rant on Canadian content in
>media (which radio stations have had to go by now for over 50 years and is not
>going to go away anytime soon) goes right along with that (along with the
>primary owner being an American hedge fund).  Just remember that an attempt by
>the Toronto Sun to do a Fox News-style conservative cable news network in
>Canada turned out to be a huge flop.

Meh. The Globe & Mail has a paywall, so I went to the next national outlet.

But on a related topic, there’s a bill (C-11) going through Parliament in which
the CRTC wants to assert its Cancom rights on streamers.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/youtube-could-manipulate-algorithm-under-streaming-bill-crtc-chair-1.5961336

If you do a search for C-11 on da Toob, the content providers will explain why
they think it’s a bad idea.