Eight months after Kevin asked how Todd continued to keep his job, signs
that whatever blackmail material Todd had locked in his safe has begun to
lose its potency. The Daily Beast reported last night that the new MTP
Producer is moving towards replacing Todd with current WH Correspondent
Kristen Welker. Even so, the process outlined continues to be
excruciatingly slow…

===========&&

“David P. Gelles, a long-time CNN producer…was parachuted in to help fix
the sinking show, which is down 21 percent in total viewership and 24
percent in the key advertising demographic compared to last year—more than
any of the other Sunday politics shows.

Gelles’ first order of business, multiple sources said, is deciding what to
do about Chuck Todd, who despite recently signing a two-year extension, as
Confider has learned, has baffled many at NBC with how long he’s remained
atop the struggling show.

NBC White House correspondent Kristen Welker is being groomed to replace
Todd, multiple insiders with knowledge of the matter said, and is expected
to take on more hosting duties as the midterm elections approach.“
https://www.thedailybeast.com/nbcs-meet-the-press-shakeup-puts-chuck-todd-in-jeopardy

On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 at 5:33 PM Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How — I ask you rhetorically — does Chuck Todd not get fired?
>
> Today he had another embarrassing exchange on Meet The Press:
>
> Todd: "Parents are saying 'hey don't make my kid feel guilty." And a
> parent of color is going...'I need to teach reality.'"
>
> Hannah-Jones: "You should just think a little bit about your framing. You
> said 'parents.' And then you said 'parents of color.' So the 'white' is
> silent."
>
> I’d say it was all downhill from there, but Todd has never been uphill.
>
> The exchange can be found on this link:
>
> https://twitter.com/jannwolfe/status/1475145444321812488?s=21
>
> Keith Olbermann is (again) calling for Todd to be removed, though he again
> elevates Russert, whose career was equally ponderous:
>
> https://twitter.com/keitholbermann/status/1475146349607886850?s=21
>

> --
> Kevin M. (RPCV)

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/CAKgmY4CoGzs62E_KMKiLfo3Uh_YC8BiBXrFxKJ%3DWLx3tz4AU8w%40mail.gmail.com