That's not the point.

Unless they're trying to bore the audience so much that anything will seem
entertaining by the time tape rolls, there's no excuse for having the audience
in place any earlier than 4:45 or 5:00.

I'll acknowledge that most of the audience in the Ed is comprised of hyenas who
will laugh and applaud at anything and give standing ovations to even the most
obscure actor in a CBS procedural, but the staff knows that 5:30 is go time and
has been since at least 1993, so 90 minutes of sitting in a meat locker is a
non-starter for me.

At this point, unless the guest is someone I really want to see -- and that
assumes they'll actually be there and not appearing via a pre-tape, I'll be
passing.
--Dave Sikula

    On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 10:20:51 AM PDT, M-D November