This actually makes perfect sense, in the age of "Bluey" and Disney Junior
shows which are, ultimately, 2 independent 12-minute segments (sometimes
with a bumper in the middle, but no mid-show commercials). And really, this
isn't a big deal - "Sesame Street" adjusts their format on a regular basis
- it actually made for an interesting contrast when my kids were little,
because we'd watch the new half-hour episodes, then double back a few years
to the longer 1-hour episodes anchored by Murray and Ovejita, then (thanks,
HBOMax) dive deep into the archive and find Big Bird in Japan or Don't Eat
the Pictures.