I wanted to comment on Sen. Katie Britt’s response to the president’s State
of the Union address.

I streamed her rebuttal with the sound on low. So I didn’t really hear it
live. But I glanced at it from time to time. My first reaction was,
“Putting her in a kitchen makes her look like a housewife, not a senator.”

What really stopped me was her creepy smile. She is a successful politician
but she can’t produce a decent smile? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has the
same problem.

Afterward, I heard the recap of what she said. And how she said it. The
Republicans have known for four years they would be giving the response to
the State of the Union and this is what they offer? Especially after
previous flubs by Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio.

It’s like someone gave her the assignment to connect with the public and
she proved herself incapable of doing that. It’s not that hard. Just speak
with genuine emotion. Not the manufactured emotion she stumbled through.

We all know the cold open for tonight’s “Saturday Night Live.”

There’s a lot of good rebuttals to Britt’s rebuttal, but I like this best:

https://www.tiktok.com/@joyreidofficial/video/7344440653272698154

At the risk of being a complete chauvinist, Megyn Kelly is looking totally
hot. I suspect there’s some digital manipulation of her image.

https://youtu.be/iqxURf4EiKw?si=Q4c_Jud0ceyxu4zt