Hi Kanth:

Thanks for your mail.

It is very nice to read that you are keen to explore Linux basics.

>From a programmer's perspective, the following book is quite good -
 "Professional Linux Programming"

The book is available as an Indian print !

Please take a look at
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1861003013/103-5118211-7055064?v=glance&n=283155
and
book review is available at
http://brian.accu.org/bookreviews/public/reviews/p/p002285.htm

Please feel free to post in all the queries that you may have.

Hope this helps.

thanks
Saifi.

      To know more about TWINCLING Society