On 02:20 pm, f...@64studio.com wrote:
|--==> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:10:46 +0000, Jonathan Lange <j...@mumak.net> said:

>>If we want to update all twisted Ubuntu packages and not only the -core
 >>one, I *think* we need a separate bug filed against each of them. A
 >>quick answer on #ubuntu-devel should clear this out.
 >>

 > They have separate source packages? If so, yes we would need
 > separate FFes.

Yes, the have separate source packages.

 > Do you want to do this?

Sure.

>>It looks like the only API removal that could raise compatibility issues
 >>is:
 >>
 >>�- The deprecated connectUDP method of IReactorUDP has now been
 >>� removed. (#4075)
 >>
 >>I'm wondering if there's any code in Ubuntu packages relying on it.
 >>

 > How would we find out?

Good question. Something like pulling the source packages of all
packages directly or indirectly depending on python-twisted-core and
grepping for connectUDP.

I looked at the direct (apt-cache rdepends python-twisted | tail -n +3) and once removed (apt-cache rdepends python-twisted | tail -n +3 | xargs -iF bash -c 'apt-cache rdepends F | tail -n +3' | sort | uniq) dependencies of python-twisted.

One package refers to connectUDP, flumotion. It doesn't appear to actually use it, though; instead it seems to be monkey-patching it to correct a documentation issue. I don't think the removal will break this package, but it may result in flumotion-generated Twisted docs which include connectUDP, even though it no longer exists.

 >>Have you already asked Matthias Klose (the maintainer) if he is
 >>interested in updating the packages himself? If not, I'll be glad to
 >>help out.
 >>

 > No, I haven't. It'd be great if you could sort this out.

Okay, I'll check that.

Ciao!

Thanks!

Jean-Paul