Hello everyone! It's time for another Twisted release.
I bring you Twisted 16.5.0rc1, the first release candidate of the 16.5 series.
This release contains the following:
- Deferred.addTimeout, for timing out your Deferreds! (contributed by cyli,
reviews by adiroiban, theisencouple, manishtomar, markrwilliams)
- yield from support for Deferreds, in functions wrapped with
twisted.internet.defer.ensureDeferred. This will work in Python 3.4, unlike
async/await which is 3.5+ (contributed by hawkowl, reviews by markrwilliams,
- The new asyncio interop reactor, which allows Twisted to run on top of the
asyncio event loop. This doesn't include any Deferred-Future interop, but stay
tuned! (contributed by itamar and hawkowl, reviews by rodrigc, markrwilliams)
- twisted.internet.cfreactor is now supported on Python 2.7 and Python 3.5+!
This is useful for writing pyobjc or Toga applications. (contributed by
hawkowl, reviews by glyph, markrwilliams)
- twisted.python.constants has been split out into constantly on PyPI, and
likewise with twisted.python.versions going into the PyPI package incremental.
Twisted now uses these external packages, which will be shared with other
projects (like Klein). (contributed by hawkowl, reviews by glyph, markrwilliams)
- Many new Python 3 modules, including twisted.pair, twisted.python.zippath,
twisted.spread.pb, and more parts of Conch! (contributed by rodrigc, hawkowl,
glyph, berdario, & others, reviews by acabhishek942, rodrigc, & others)
- Many bug fixes and cleanups!
- 260+ closed tickets overall.
For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).
As usual, it's available for download -- go here
<https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/rc/16.5.0rc1/>) to get the release
candidate tarballs and the full NEWS file. If you want to install it right
pip install Twisted==16.5.0rc1
Please let me know if you have any issues, as well as if you don't! If
everything works well, that's a good thing for me to know :)
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)
Twisted-Python mailing list