On 2 October 2017 at 12:24, Jean-Paul Calderone
<exar...@twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 7:20 AM, Adi Roiban <a...@roiban.ro> wrote:

[snip]

>> Am I doing something wrong?
>> Is there a simple way?
>> Am I the only one who thinks this is not productive?
>

> Use admin/pr_as_branch

Will it trigger the Buidlbot stable builders?

From what I can see in the code, it only creates the branch.

[snip]

>> What do you think?
>> Do you see any problem in this?
>> Will such a change make life easier for you?
>

> This doesn't seem inherently bad, though you probably need per revision
> signoff, not per branch signoff.

We can have something like: "Go, Buildbot, go for 1d32a23!" .

In the initial email I was thinking to use  "Go, Buildbot, go!" and to
trigger only the commit which was pushed before the comment.

So you need to let a comment each time you want to trigger the tests.
A comment will not automatically trigger any future commit.

But now that I am reviewing it, do we need to be that secure?

I was thinking to leverage the GitHub Contributor information and if
the author is a "Contributor" (a commit was previously accepted), it
is automatically trusted.

Thanks!
--
Adi Roiban