On Sat, Nov 25, 2017, at 06:18 PM, Glyph wrote:

>> On Nov 23, 2017, at 6:18 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodr...@crodrigues.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can someone update PyPy on the buildbots from PyPy 5.8.0 to PyPy 5.9.0?
>
> I'd love to move PyPy support forward (I even went to the trouble of doing
> the password-reset dance necessary to get my SSH keys onto these buildbots),
> but it looks like we have installed from the PPA, which has fallen behind the
> official releases - https://launchpad.net/~pypy/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages
> - so upgrading isn't obvious.
>
> Weirdly it looks like Debian is on top of things and *does* have a current
> version of the package - https://packages.debian.org/sid/pypy - but I have no
> clue how to configure these machines to pull just this one package from
> Debian.  If anyone knows how this works, I'd be happy to put more SSH keys on
> these servers.

Glyph gave me access to the 3 PyPy builders:

https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/ubuntu16.04-pypy5

I just replaced the system PyPy from the PPA with Squeaky's portable
PyPy 5.9.0:

https://github.com/squeaky-pl/portable-pypy

The PyPy installations are in /opt/pypy_portable/pypy, and their
binaries are symlinked into /usr/local/bin.  This is documented in
~root/PYPY_README.

The builders should now be using PyPy 5.9.0:

https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/ubuntu16.04-pypy5/builds/172/steps/select/logs/stdio

I have also pinged the maintainer of the Ubuntu PPA about adding PyPy
5.9.0.  Once that happens I'll switch the builders back to the PPA.

--
  Mark Williams
  m...@enotuniq.org