thanks Alex, its not a rate limit issue as I am not hitting it that
much (about 3 times max a minute).

Unfortunately there is not way to get the body of the response in as3
when it throws an error.

Error #2032: Stream Error. URL:
https://twitter.com/friendships/create/shytalk.xml
is an example of the error that as3 throws.

As you can see its correct, the user is authenticated and the verb is
POST.

I have tried this with 2 users and get the same problem. The users
were me (ninjamonk) and a test account I setup called justatestuser
(which is the account I tried to friend shytalk)

Cheers

Darren