> I am trying to create a web-based Twitter app that will print out a
> friend's timeline, but the Twitter API asks for username/password. How
> do I do the username/password authentication on the server-side
> without asking this from the user. Does anyone know how to do this? Is
> there also a way to create a dynamic app that will update inside the
> web page whenever a new twitter update occurs?  I am sorry if I have
> posted this in the wrong area, but I am struggling on understanding
> how this exactly works.  Thanks for any help.

You're going to have to use a CGI, PHP script, etc., on the server side
to fetch the timeline and hand it to the browser. How you would do that
depends on your chosen language, but many people here are using libcurl and
PHP, and code for that is widely available.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- FORTUNE: Don't abandon hope: your Tom Mix decoder ring arrives tomorrow. ---