I don't think this is supported b/c friendship creation must be
initiated by a POST request, meaning that some deliberate action must
be taken on the part of the user (e.g. clicking a "Follow" button on
twitter's site).  I'm pretty sure this is intentional as it was
changed to act this way to prevent automatic follow spamming that was
occurring some time ago.

I think the best you can do is just point them to the user's profile
on twitter and hope that they login and click "follow".

-Chad