Following your advice I executed:

3.)

   *curl -u user_a:pass_a -d ""
http://twitter.com/friendships/create/user_b.json

{"description":"","screen_name":"user_b","url":null,"name":"user_b","protected":false,"profile_image_url":"http:\/\/
static.twitter.com
\/images\/default_profile_normal.png","location":"","id":xxx,"followers_count":1}
*
but I can not send direct messages from user_a to user_b ;(

4.)

   *curl -u user_a:pass_a -d "user=user_b&text=bla"
http://twitter.com/direct_messages/new.json
{"request":"\/direct_messages\/new.json","error":"You cannot send messages
to users who are not following you."}*

Any ideas,
Daniello