John,
We had a discussion a few days ago on using the API to automatically
follow a user's followers [1].

It sounds like after ensuring synchronous relationships, it is simply
a matter or writing your application to parse your direct messages and
perform the desired logic.

Does that help get you started in the right direction? If not, include
some user-stories so I can be more specific.

Doug Williams
@dougw

[1] - 
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/5d23b92add67f5a2/def833b208221ac7#def833b208221ac7

On Feb 26, 8:01 pm, jbk <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is it possible to use Twitter API to set up a service where the
> general public can send messages to a website, which processes the
> info and responds? (Like TextMark and Dotgo).
>
> One hurdle I see is that I have to "follow" someone in order to
> receive their messages. Is there an easy way to automate this process
> so that I pretty much follow anyone who asks me to follow her/him?
>
> Thx.

Reply via email to