On a similar note (also brought up in a different thread I think) are
the so-called "bot" accounts that many of us run for whatever reason.
Now they will have to use OAuth to post instead of basic auth through
things like curl.  So, as the OP of that thread suggested, we'll have
to create "dummy" umbrella apps for the bots just to get them a token,
then store the tokens in the scripts running them I suppose.

Alas, @sockington will be subjected to the oauth cat/mouse game as well.

more thinking out loud...
-Chad