Things still confusing. As per the article,
The New Terminology
Things are now decidedly simpler: you follow other users, and other users
follow you.  You can turn notifications on and off on a per-user basis.

So looks like Friendship.create is to follow someone and Notification.follow
is to turn on notifications.
My question is what "turn on/off" means. I found the only option on
twitter.com is to follow/unfollow a user. Can I follow a user but turn off
notifications? or it can only be done in program?

What's your suggestion if I want to simply follow a
person. Friendship.create and Notification.follow, which one should I use?

Thanks
Gary

--
Gary