Chris,
If you include more detail about your application and your request then we
can provide more specific help. That method should work with as a GET
request.

A lot of other developers have seen the HTTP 401 error you described. Try
searching for "invalid oauth request" [1] to see if anything from the
archive helps you with your problem.

1. http://bit.ly/14mNBE

Doug Williams
Twitter API Support