On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us> wrote:
> Define "on the net."
>
> If I'm ssh(-2)'d to my server at home, tunneling my HTTP content, forwarding
> all DNS requests to the SOCKS proxy Putty presents, how are anyone but
> myself and the SSH server going to know exactly what content I just pulled?
>
> (Obviously everything in front of the SSH server is likely unencrypted, but
> that's out of scope.)

Easy enough - anything that is stored (or passed-and-cached)
electronically outside of tcp/ip networks you control.  Ie. if one
sends a search query to service not under their control that search
string must also be accessible from devices not under their control.

Encryption's great and I use it where I can, but it's not foolproof.
Unfortunately that has been consistently proven throughout history.
Proving otherwise is the ideal case.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/