On Apr 2, 5:51 pm, Clint Shryock <cts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you please give some pointer to how to use local source to
> > represent the new avatar?
>
> My application (a desktop application) allows a user to select a file on the
> hard drive and upload it to Twitter.  This application also displays the
> users current Twitter avatar.  When the application uploads a new avatar and
> receives the 200 status back, instead of querying Twitter for the new
> avatar, I simply use the one on disk and display it to the user.
> This isn't ideal, I'd rather re-query Twitter and grab the image from them
> to be sure, but as we've described that's not always working
> correctly/quickly.

Understood. Thanks. I want my new image to be displayed on Twitter
within
minutes after I upload them. Since Twitter doesn't allow URL to third
party
sites (a very bad idea, I agree), I am unable to do this via API. On
the other
hand, if I use the web browser to  upload my profile image to Twitter,
it is
displayed as my avatar on my tweets page immediately.

Raghu