On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Doug Williams <d...@twitter.com> wrote:

> Marlo,
> You should currently only have one working token per user per application.
> There is an open issue [1] that will allow multiple tokens per user per
> application.
>
> 1. http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=372

Hi Doug - thanks for this.

Strangely, and I just tested this again to make sure, I can update the same
user's status, from the same application, using 2 different tokens - both
status updates work.

BTW, the reason I have multiple tokens is that in my scenario, giving access
to a twitter account doesn't really work on the application level, but on a
feed level (this is twitterfeed.com we're talking about). So if twitterfeed
user "A" gives access to twitterfeed for twitter account "twitterA", this
access should not mean that any other twitterfeed user can now get
twitterfeed to post to that "twitterA" account, but only the user/feed that
authorised it.

The easiest way around this for me is to tie the tokens to individual feeds
rather than twitter accounts (although there are other/ potentially better
but more complex ways around it if necessary), but this assumes that twitter
will allow multiple tokens for the same account.

Cheers,
Mario.