Hello again,

We've discussed OpenID but adding it is not something we can do in the near-term. With OAuth just out the door we felt like this was a better user experience than have to continually re-display the Accept/ Deny dialog. I'm looking into a few issues raised in this thread that may change how the API works slightly. Let me repeat that on a line all it's own so people see it:

WERP WERP WERP. Change alert! Danger! Danger, Will Robinson.

I am reviewing this discussion and based on the security/ usability feedback I may need to change how this new method works. In the case of security it may be a change that breaks the current behavior and may be done with very little notice. I encourage people to try out the new system but keep it beta until I can confirm we're not going to have to alter it significantly.

Thanks;
  — Matt