On Apr 15, 6:10 pm, ctshryock <cts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an app that posts new profile images using update_profile_image
> in the API.
> as of about 3 some weeks ago (rough guess) the images uploaded are
> coming up broken, though I'm still getting a success status.
>
> I dug through this group and found a curl example for testing this API
> feature:
>
> curl -F 'ima...@path/to/image' -H 'Expect:' -u
> USERNAME:PASSWORDhttp://twitter.com/account/update_profile_image.xml
>
> I ran that in the terminal and got a xml return that seemed to
> indicate success, it showed me the same (or similar) out put as /users/
> show/username.xml, with the exception that the new profile image I
> used in the curl command is not represented, instead it's still the
> previous image, but on twitter.com/home the image is broken.

I faced the same problem. It takes some time for the profile image to
appear along with the tweets. When last checked, it took about an
hour. This doesn't happen if you update your profile image via
twitter.com
website. It is a known issue and apparently someone is looking into
it.
It would be nice if we know when this could be fixed.

Raghu