I'll be honest, filtering outbound traffic is very draconian. Is this a company server, or are you guys renting a hosted server yourselves? If it is the latter I would tell them to accept all outbound traffic or switch hosts.

billbarn42 wrote:
I've got a python script that is monitoring the playlist for our local
public radio station, and tweeting when new tracks come up. It is
using @wdav as the twitter ID (although that is not relevant to this
question...)

I am using the twitter.py library to wrap the twitter api.

Runs fine on my local laptop, but when I deployed it to my hosted
server I had to tell them an IP address it was posting to so they
could implement a firewall rule to let the traffic through. I gave
them 128.121.146.100, since that's what comes back from a ping to
twitter.com.

The problem is that it seems the script is frequently trying to use
other ip addresses to reach twitter. Is there a range of IP addresses
that might be valid Twitter endpoints, that I need to pass on to the
hosted server admin team?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bill