Just noticed I also have the problem with "statuses/followers". The
"following" value is incorrect (and sometimes it's even not a bool,
which excludes a cache issue, I guess).
The problem seems to be new, and it's very annoying as I have to (re)
check manually using the "friendships/exists" method, making much more
hits.

Are you aware of this issue ?

All the best,
Arnaud.