That would work.  So would something a a bit simpler.

I am not sure I see the need for the username to be passed back.
Seems like that could easily be done by the site.  Also unsure as to
why the special key is needed if it's always just returned as a
parameter.

Is this something that can be specified in the OAuth specs?  Would be
nice to have a standard way to handle this very valid OAuth flow.