Dewald,

We're already considering the possibilities around pushing Social
Graph changes via the Streaming API. At this point it is very hard to
guess if we'll ever offer this as a feature. I can't offer anything
more concrete or useful, as this is just in the "Hey, what-if?" idea
phase, and the issues, problems and priorities are far from clear.

In any case, the infrastructure isn't the difficult part and wouldn't
require third parties. SGS changes are already serialized as JSON and
moved around via Kestrel. Fanning out from SGS to a Hosebird queue for
Streaming API syndication is how Hosebird already works. It
practically writes itself.

It would be a help to describe some compelling use cases for this data
beyond efficiency, QoS and ease of use.

-John Kalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.