There are no guarantees, other than a proportion statuses that is
greater than the Spritzer feed and a fraction of the Firehose.
Sufficiently and significant depend on your application of the data.
If you are looking into various data mining applications, the
Gardenhose is probably fine. For most other purposes, however, it's
probably not terribly useful.

If you want to follow specific users, consider the /follow resource.

-John Kalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.