Hi Arnaud,

That option during application creation is really more trouble that it is worth. Right now applications that have that option checked include an extra sentence to tell users the application will be using twitter for login, that's all. In the future we may restrict the / oauth/authenticate call to applications that have specifically chosen the option, so I recommend that any application using 'Sing in with Twitter' check the check box. We're also working on redesigning the authorization page and might do more with that value then. We will announce before hand if we make any changes, like requiring that value to use the authenticate method. It's not something we'll definitely do but it is something that may come up in the medium term you should be aware of.

Thanks;
 – Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
     Twitter Dev