Hi Chris,

Welcome to the group! Take a look at the current list of issues [1] … there are a few there related to this problem. Mark one of those with a star (click on the star next to the issue number) and you'll get updates when we make changes.

Thanks;
 – Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
     Twitter Dev

[1] - http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/list