Thanks for your replies. I now also see the results I'd expect. Just
to prove I'm not completely loopy, here's a screenshot of what I was
seeing. You can see all the requests from user RetweetTestRecv
included in the results there. When I hit refresh on the browser, it
changed to being good results:

http://sites.google.com/a/daveboden.com/home/twitterproblem

Anyway, all's well that ends well. I'm going to add a double-check
into my application to ignore this situation if it happens again; I'm
guessing it's some kind of intermittent problem caused by the re-
indexing of hashtags. Or something. :o)

Cheers,
Dave