I'm not sure if this is a problem with my code, the libraries I'm
using (perl Net::Twitter::Role::OAuth) or something else entirely.

My program gets a request token, shows the user the website URL, and
waits for the pin.

If they enter the pin correctly, all it well, I get an access token.
If they enter the pin wrong, I get 401 Unauthorized - which is
expected.
But if they then try again to enter the pin, even the correct pin
shows as unauthorized.

Is there a way to give the user a second chance to get the pin right,
or do they have to go to the website and get a new one? Is there some
way to validate the pin before using it?