Hi there,

I'm getting the same thing, that is the rate limit for my IP address
rather than for the account... most of the time. I run this curl
command

curl -u <username>:<password> http://twitter.com/account/rate_limit_status.xml

where <username> and <password> are the account's real username and
password. Most of the time the response contains an hourly-limit of
20,000, for my IP address I assume. But occasionally the exact same
curl command returns an hourly-limit of 150. Very odd. I assume curl
handles the credentials correctly.

Any thoughts?

/Martin