On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Nick Arnett <nick.arn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Bjoern <bjoer...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> The problem is: how to find tweets that point to a certain URL. Most
>> of those tweets would use a shortened version of the URL, and most of
>> them probably bit.ly. Bit.ly does not provide a way to list all
>> shortened versions of a URL, and creates individually shortened
>> versions of each URL per User (namely, the twitter user, so there is
>> no way to find the URL that is created via Twitter status updates -
>> which would probably be the most common URL).
>

> The solution is to go about this the opposite way.
>
> Bit.ly will return the same shortened URL for any request using the same
> source URL.  So, use bit.ly to shorten the URL, then search Twitter for
> the bit.ly URL you get back.  The same is true for other URL shortening
> services and the more popular ones all have APIs.
>
>  Nick

But I believe bit.ly returns different, unique URLs for logged-in users, and
some people/clients are autoshortening their own URLs in various fashions
for various reasons.

Thanks-
- Andy Badera
- and...@badera.us
- Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+badera
- This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private