On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Stuart <stut...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Twitter have a business plan, we're just not worthy enough to know all
> the details. What we know so far is that they're planning to launch a
> premium account type with a bunch of tools to aid brand and engagement
> tracking. If Twitter can maintain their popularity big business will
> pay a small fortune to be able to measure the effectiveness of the way
> they're using their accounts.

At the risk of really deviating from developer talk... We know this?  Who's
"we" and how do we know this?

I have a hard time seeing how analysis of Twitter alone would compete with
existing services that monitor brands in conversations across many
platforms.  I started one of the first companies to do that, ten years ago,
which is quite a head start... and it is now owned by one of the biggest
brand monitoring companies on the planet.  Lots of competition has come
along since then.

Anyway, this was fun, but it's not about developing code as such, so I'll
shut up.  Maybe this is a conversation for that non-platform-specific social
media developer community I was wondering about... ;-)

Nick