Hi Abraham,

I just meant with the Google APIs their TOS says you can not modify
the data you get from them, so if I wanted to add a link preview
feature for bit.ly and tinyurl links I can or say with bit.ly links I
can fire off a request using their JSONP api and get the long url so
people know where it's pointing to or if the tweets are in a different
language then I can run them through Googles translate API. Stuff like
that, where Google does not allow you to alter/modify/edit their data.
I didn't see the same restrictions with the Twitter API.

Another scenario, when running a language translation on tweets I need
to preserve #hashtags and @usernames from being translated (and
reformatted/broken) so with the Twitter API I can modify it in a way
so I can still run a translation on the tweet with out translating the
hashtags and peoples usernames.

Hope that answers your question :)