Kevin,
Please do not bump your thread here. It adds no value and contributes noise.

That said, there is an open issue for this [1]. Be sure to add a star
to receive updates to the defect. The defect is due to a replication
delay and typically takes less than 90 minutes for the replication to
reach the object serialized by the API. I'm still working on who
actually owns this defect and will update the thread in the issue list
when I learn more.

1. http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=758

Thanks,
Doug