@Abraham: Does it mean my consumer app (not Desktop client) cannot serve
more than 150 authorized users/hour(if it is not white listed). It is hard
to believe.
If it is desktop client the 150 limit is understandable.

The blog post says

"This limit applies to your Twitter account rather than the applications
which make the calls to the API i.e. you have 100 API calls per hour in
total regardless of which Twitter applications you use - it is NOT 100 API
calls per application"

As you said

"Also it used to be that user requests from a whitelisted IP would reflect
on the users limit unless they had hit their rate limit at which point it
would count against the IP."

its probably first user and then IP.

" POST request have their own limits"
yes i do not mean infinite calls but my consumer app should be able to get
more than 20k request tokens

Thanks for your time. Really helpful
Srikanth