On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 02:02, srikanth reddy <srikanth.yara...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The  whole confusion is regarding this statement in
> http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Rate-limiting
>
> "IP whitelisting takes precedence to account rate limits. *GET requests
> from a whitelisted IP address made on a user's behalf will be deducted from
> the whitelisted IP's limit, not the users*. Therefore, IP-based
> whitelisting is a best practice for applications that request many users'
> data"
>
> If the above holds true my consumer web app could end up serving very few
> authenticated users. As you said it should be the other way.
> May be some one who has developed and encountered this problem with a
> webapp (with out being whitelisted) can confirm.

I guess it is not the same as it used to be with how it does not effect user
limits first. With 20k/h you can accomplish a lot. If you hit that limit
that you should contact a...@twitter.com and talk with them about higher
limits or more efficient methods to use.
Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham