> I tried to update my Twitter status from my web page using an html
> form to post the update through twitter API. As result of the below
> code is that my web page is substituted with Twitter API response.
> Someone can help me to find a way to capture the Twitter API response,
> maybe inside JSON variable, to avoid exiting from my web page? (TIA)
>
> <form name="input" action="http://twitter.com/statuses/update.json";
> method="post" >
>       <input type="text" name="status" maxlength="140"  style="width:220px"/
> >
>       <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
> </form>

You are essentially trying to post directly from your page, and this is
prohibited by Twitter due to previous abuse. If you absolutely must retain
full control over the posting process, you will need a script that does the
posting through the API like any other client (and like any other client will
need to handle authentication, etc.).

If this is not so critical, then a URL like

        https://twitter.com/home?status=this+will+populate+the+input+box

will automatically populate the input box, and the user can simply click
Update if they are already logged in.

I don't see this in the FAQ; maybe it should be put there.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- This signature is free of dihydrogen monoxide! Ban it now! www.dhmo.org ----