On Twitter's new site, http://business.twitter.com, under the heading
Best Practices, the following is listed as a spamming practice:

"Following churn: Following and unfollowing the same people
repeatedly, as well as following and unfollowing those who don't
follow back, are both violations of our terms of service."

Take note devs, the "...unfollowing those who don't follow back..."
statement is posing a risk for any of your apps that do bulk unfollow.

On that point, I would like to get clear guidance from Twitter whether
unfollowing someone who has stopped following you, i.e., unfollowed
you first, would also constitute a violation of Twitter terms.