On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Vision Jinx <vjn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What?
>
> Re: "as well as following and unfollowing those who don't follow back,
> are both violations of our terms of service."
>
> What gives Twitter the right to dictate who you want to follow or not?
> That is like Gmail saying you can't remove contacts from your contacts
> list. When I signed up it suggested a list of people to follow but I
> didn't find the tweets interesting so I un-followed them (they didn't
> follow me back, but that was not the reason I un-followed them). I
> should have the right to decide who I want to follow or not unless
> Twitter is under a communist regime? Is there also a term that if
> someone posts a link I have to click it also?
>
> I also followed iGoogle for a while but didn't find the tweets that
> interesting so I un-followed them, they never followed me back, so if
> Twitter wants to delete my account (for TOS violations) then fine go a
> head, do so right now then, but I feel it is my right to decide who I
> do and do not want to follow and that will not change. They need to
> post a message when you sign up that you are not allowed to un-follow
> people. Why is there even that option then?
>
> Regards,
> Vision Jinx
> @visionjinx
> (In case Twitter wants to delete my account for feeling I have the
> right to decide who I follow, fine then do it now.) I also, un-
> followed someone because they kept posting the same tweets over again
> so who's the bigger offender there then?

Wow, ridiculous much?

Those terms are in place to prevent spam-friendly follow-bot whores from
ruining the ecosystem for all of us.

If anything about the spirit or intention of those terms is disagreeable to
you, I'm going to go ahead and label you an inconsiderate spammer.

Thanks-
- Andy Badera
- and...@badera.us
- Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+badera
- This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private