On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Doug Williams<d...@twitter.com> wrote:
> There is currently no Streaming API to receive DMs for a given user. If you
> have a great use case for this please share it here.

> We like to have justification for new streaming methods. If you have ideas
> to help augment a business case for engineering resources, we would love to
> know about them.

Hi Doug,

I want to be able to offer push notifications on iPhone for public
replies (that is done with the streaming API, as you can see on
http://www.twitvid.com/A4E43 ).

I would also like to offer it for DM. You do send a mail but a push is
way faster than emails. Basicly if you had push for DM you could
really replace text messages with twitter.

Is that a good justification? Can I help in any ways?