I'm the developer who reported this problem to Twitter offline.  I had
been preparing a test case for them when I noticed this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/a195ea9b9952e297?hl=en#

I then skipped the preparation of the test case and sent e-mail
directly to Twitter since this was what I considered to be a high risk
issue.

Since the fix from Twitter went in for this last night, I have also
seen some strange behaviour with OAuth.  I'm getting a lot of 401
sporadic bad responses for accesses that ask for a request token (BTW
- I'm using https if that makes any difference).

I think that there is still a problem.  I've switched my application
back to using Basic Auth for now.

- Scott
@scott_carter
http://bigtweet.com