I don't myself think that twitter are doing anything more than
enforcing the standard. I spent 3 hours 'fixing' my code for our
application (uses Shannon Whitley's c# library as a base); I only
found two bugs in thelibrary that caused any problem... the use of
httputility.urlencode in place of the modified urlencode already
implemented for use with Oauth, as required by the spec... the library
just wasn't using it in two places.
Following that, I found I was passing some bad strings to the
library... so the methods in it were not urldecoding and re-
urlencoding the postdata as required to get it to meet the spec. Once
I fixed that also, all seems good.

So if our app now posts all data fine over Oauth, it suggests that
twitter's interface is OK?

Simon