I don't myself think that twitter are doing anything more than enforcing the standard. I spent 3 hours 'fixing' my code for our application (uses Shannon Whitley's c# library as a base); I only found two bugs in thelibrary that caused any problem... the use of httputility.urlencode in place of the modified urlencode already implemented for use with Oauth, as required by the spec... the library just wasn't using it in two places. Following that, I found I was passing some bad strings to the library... so the methods in it were not urldecoding and re- urlencoding the postdata as required to get it to meet the spec. Once I fixed that also, all seems good.
So if our app now posts all data fine over Oauth, it suggests that twitter's interface is OK? Simon On Jul 28, 8:16 am, BlueSkies <scarter28m-goo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm the developer who reported this problem to Twitter offline. I had > been preparing a test case for them when I noticed this > post:http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread... > > I then skipped the preparation of the test case and sent e-mail > directly to Twitter since this was what I considered to be a high risk > issue. > > Since the fix from Twitter went in for this last night, I have also > seen some strange behaviour with OAuth. I'm getting a lot of 401 > responses for users who were already logged in. I'm also getting > sporadic bad responses for accesses that ask for a request token (BTW > - I'm using https if that makes any difference). > > I think that there is still a problem. I've switched my application > back to using Basic Auth for now. > > - Scott > @scott_carterhttp://bigtweet.com