There is no direct way to do this, no.  But you might be able to
accomplish the same thing in an interesting way.  Create a new Twitter
account that exclusively follows users of your app.  When you request
statuses/friends for that new account, you will get current
information and most recent tweet for all your app users with a single
call.  (Well, you are returned 100 users per page.)