I have come to realize that sometime between 3pm and 6pm PDT on 7/21
the JSON order of following ids reversed from oldest=>youngest to
youngest=>oldest and has been in the latter order since then.  Did I
miss an announcement that this was going to happen?  More importantly,
is this the way the array order will be maintained from here on?  It
has raised some havoc figuring out which direction to go for older or
more recent following when holding an id that was followed some time
in the past.

I only work with the JSON format and so I have no insight into the xml
side of this question.

Thanks for your help.