"With basic auth you are aware of the fact you are giving application
credentials, so are able to make thoughtful decision."
This is not supported by the evidence, as thousands of people
"thoughtfully" gave their Twitter credentials to TwitViewer and got
their accounts stolen.

"With OAuth you (ordinary user) are not aware of the fact that you
give application credentials"
This is incorrect.  WIth OAuth, you don't give your credentials to
anyone except Twitter.

It's a bad idea to give your account credentials to a third party.
Basic Auth forces you to give your account credentials to a third
party.
Therefore, using Basic Auth is a bad idea.